sexta-feira, 23 de abril de 2010

Wimo Tongues

WIMO is a german tongue manufacterer.

... well, a tongue is a device specially designed to grab, lift and transport heavy-loads hanging from a crane and we own as much as three different types of tongues at the mill, with a total of seven devices.

As they lift as much as 60 tonnes, is normal that, after 15 years in service, we pretend to conduct some even tighter non-destructive structural tests than those periodically run in order to avoid accidents.


One of those testes demands a technical drawing of a bolt... and we don't possess that same drawing. So, there they had me, two weeks ago, kindly asking for a copy of the tongue drawings. On the following day, I had their reply, kindly refusing to give us the drawings because of internal policies (fear of copying their devices and etc...). Ok...

I kindly replied and, with a longer explanation, asked just the drawings of the suspension bolts. Didn't get my reply until last Wednesday and since I have my own deadlines, grabbed the phone and reminded them of my query.

Today I finally got my reply... and again they denied it.

Instead, they kindle proposed themselves to conduct the tests... forgetting that it would demand a halt of the tongue for a much longer period with production losses of high expression (and subsequent money losses).

Another reply. This time, I wasn't as kind as before, and I showed them how we were finding this an outstanding situation. I can't force them to give me the drawings and if they don't give up, we'll have no other choice but to send them the bolts, but at least I deserve a proper justification for that.

Neither me or any of my colleagues found this situation logical, specially considering that we have the complete drawings of all the other tongues but that one. This really doesn't make any sense... and if I was amazed with it's technology, I confess my disappointment with it's manufacturer.

Bah!

Anyway, It was very pleasant to write an aggressive mail with my tutor's approval.

Sem comentários: