domingo, 6 de dezembro de 2009

Shiver

So I look in your direction,
But you pay me no attention, do you?
I know you don't listen to me,
'Cause you say you see straight through me,
Don't you?

What's the best way to describe a man feeling like floating without a defined path, simply going with the flow?

I read the other day, also on a blog, a friend of mine wondering if there was a bigger prison than that of wanting something in which you don't believe. I guess not. Lately, the remorse of leaving my studies behind, 'though that's what I want to do for a living, is leaving me with a huge feeling of disappointment and failure. Is hard for some to understand this, I know, but wanting something very hard is not enough to reach it.

And I see the years getting by...

Everyday I punish myself for not doing what I'm told I'm suppose to do and what people expect from me... for not having the will and the endeavour necessary to finish a graduation that already sees the light in the end. Everyday I feel guilty, but it doesn't make me focus, it doesn't give me the peace of mind needed to commit with this big enterprise.

And I feel sad... I feel disappointed... again.

A couple of days ago, I received a proposition to move to a big company, a multinational. Tomorrow I'll call them and try to make an appointment, to see if it's better to stay answering phonecalls or to begin practising my knowledges of automation and system's control. The expectations are not that high, but I'll never know if I don't make the call, right? Perhaps, if I get the job it will bring back the will to finally finish my course. Wish me luck!

I'll end today's post with a small note. I guess this is the first time I remark the verses I'm quoting on a post (bet you never even googled the musics I had quote before...), but I believe they deserve. This is one of the best songs of the British band Coldplay. I advise a careful listening, as well as the remaining album, "Parachutes". Most certainly one of my all-time-albums and a forever-album.


And it's you I see,
But you don't see me
And its you, I hear,
So loud and so clear
I sing it loud and clear
And I'll always be waiting for you

4 comentários:

João Alcântara disse...

mas agora andas numa de Coldplay?
Pensava que o único Coldplayer em casa era eu.

caddish boy disse...

Não és nem nunca serás o único Coldplayer. Desde o dia em que me emprestaste os dois CDs que eles tinham até então que fiquei vidrado... nesses dois CDs. Não consigo atinar com os novos trabalhos, mas isso é material para um outro post... ou não!

João Alcântara disse...

What gives...! Why are you now writing in English, mate?

caddish boy disse...

... sometimes I feel the need to unrust my english and also to put myself to a test. Shouldn't I?